Nigerian Newspapers Today: Top Naija News from Nigerian newspapers for December 6, 2022 -NewsOnline Nigeria
Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today December 6, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) Yakubu Dogara, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, has rejoined the main opposition party just a few days after endorsing the Peoples Democratic Party’s Atiku Abubakar for president. At a rally for the presidential election in Lagos State on Monday, the former lawmaker was welcomed into the party.
2) Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State, threatened the PDP presidential candidate campaign council yesterday, saying that if any of its members insulted the G5 governors, the governors would retaliate against them. The governor issued the threat on Monday at the official start of a new road project in Rivers State’s Eleme Local Government Area.
Nigerian Newspapers: Tension As Yakubu Dogara Threatens To Expose Wike; Rivers Governor Fight Back, Sends Fearful Message To Atiku
3) The Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) and the late Abubakar Shekau’s faction of Boko Haram are said to have engaged in internal fighting over the past three days that has reportedly resulted in the deaths of numerous terrorists. According to reports, on December 3, Ali Ngulde, the infamous leader of Boko Haram, led hundreds of fighters equipped with weapons from the Mandara mountains to attack ISWAP positions in a massive assault against the rival group.
4) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress’ presidential candidate for the general elections of 2023, carried his campaign to London, United Kingdom, on Monday. There, he discussed his plans to rebuild the country’s economy, security, and foreign policy if elected.
More on Nigerian Newspapers
5) On Monday, President Muhammadu Buhari reiterated his commitment to transferring power to an elected president on May 29 of the following year. When Mr. Shakib Ben Musa, the Minister of National Education, Pre-School, and Sports of the Kingdom of Morocco, visited the State House in Abuja as the King Mohammed VI’s Special Envoy, he made a brief remark to him in which he made this declaration.
6) Presidential candidates have been warned by Lai Mohammed, the minister of information and culture, not to minimise President Muhammadu Buhari’s accomplishments during their campaigns for the 2023 elections. He specifically charged Atiku Abubakar, the PDP presidential candidate, with doing so, claiming Buhari built a road to Atuki’s village.
Nigerian Newspapers: Why I prayed n*ked for Tinubu on the beach — Actor Olaiya Igwe
7) On Monday, the police in Benue State announced that they had begun a manhunt for the assailants who had taken Chief Dennis Ekpe Ogbu, the commissioner for housing and urban development, and two other people hostage.
8) Mahmood Yakubu, the chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), assured the UN that his organisation would conduct credible, transparent, and inclusive elections that would not let down Nigerians or the rest of the world down. The assurance was included in his comments made yesterday in Abuja during a meeting with the United Nations Office for West Africa and the Sahel (UNOWAS).
Final points on Nigerian Newspapers
9) Ademola Adeleke, the governor of Osun State, visited the state house of assembly yesterday as a courtesy in order to ask for their support and cooperation. The two had argued over the governor’s directive for the Local Government Chairmen to leave their positions in accordance with the court’s dismissal of them.
10) Reports making rounds in Spain states that Cristiano Ronaldo will sign a contract with Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr on January 1. Following his dramatic departure from Manchester United just two days before the start of the World Cup, the Portuguese superstar appears to have finally found himself a new club.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers