Nigerian Newspapers Today: Top Naija News from Nigerian newspapers for December 7, 2022 -NewsOnline Nigeria
Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today December 7, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) The Lagos-Calabar coastal railway line is currently being built, according to a request from the House of Representatives to the federal government. The decision was made by the legislators on Tuesday after they approved a motion made by Dozzie Ferdinand in plenary.
2) The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) yesterday distanced itself from Simon Ekpa’s order for the Southeast to observe a sit-at-home period from December 9 to December 14. Emma Powerful, the IPOB spokesperson, urged the residents of the area to disregard the order and emphasised that it was not a part of the directive.
Nigerian Newspapers: CBN New Policy on Cash Withdrawal Limit, Everything you need to know
3) In order to enforce their fundamental right to vote in the general elections of 2023, Nigerians of voting age who reside in the United Kingdom and other countries have brought President Muhammadu Buhari and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) before a Federal High Court in Abuja.
4) On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari claimed that it is now difficult to rig elections in Nigeria. The President made this statement while serving as host to the West African Elders Forum Pre-Election Mediation Mission, which was headed by Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma, a former president of Sierra Leone.
More on Nigerian Newspapers
5) Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC), has once more revealed how he came by his wealth, claiming that he inherited excellent real estate and raised its values. In an interview with Journalist yesterday, Tinubu claimed that despite being the most investigated and accused former governor, no evidence had been uncovered against him.
6) The maximum over-the-counter (OTC) cash withdrawal per week for individuals is set at N100,000 and N500,000 for corporate organisations by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). The apex bank also set a daily cap of N20,000 on each individual Point of Service (POS). Read More
Nigerian Newspapers: Pele: Hospitalised Brazil legend improving with ‘no new complications’ – doctors
7) In the state’s Gwarzo Local Government Area, the Kano State Hisbah Board stopped a car carrying more than 18,000 beer bottles. Sheikh Harun Ibn Sina, the board’s commander general, stated on Tuesday that the truck was stopped on Monday while en route to Kano on Gwarzo Road.
8) Adenike, a corps member, and seven other people were kidnapped by gunmen on Tuesday night in Extension 2 Relocation, near Arab Road, in the Kubwa neighbourhood of Abuja’s Federal Capital Territory. Adenike was abducted in her father’s house while she was completing the National Youth Service requirement.
Final points on Nigerian Newspapers
9) Chukwunonye Irouno, a candidate for the Labour Party’s House of Assembly in Imo State’s Okigwe Local Government Area, has passed away. Irouno, a well-liked master of ceremonies in Owerri and Rochas Okorocha’s senior special assistant on public affairs and entertainment, passed away on Monday night at his home in Owerri. Read More
10) Five people, including a stepfather, a pastor, and a school teacher, have been charged by the Rivers State Police Command with raping an 11-year-old girl, according to the magistrate’s court in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. The incident took place in the State’s Asari Toru Local Government Area at Buguma.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers