Nigerian Newspapers, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, NewsOnline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, TopNaija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today November 25, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) The governor of Anambra state, Prof. Charles Soludo, has refuted claims that he collected $28 million to intimidate Peter Obi, the LP’s presidential candidate.
Mr. Christian Aburime, the governor’s press secretary, revealed this in a statement and referred to the report as a distraction attempt on the governor’s part.
2) On Thursday, the Department of State Services (DSS) withdrew a lawsuit it had filed in Federal High Court Abuja to keep former terrorists’ negotiator Tukur Mamu in custody for an additional 60 days following his arrest.
A.M. Danlami, the DSS’s legal representative, informed Justice Nkeonye Maha shortly after the case was called for hearing.
Nigerian Newspapers:Aggrieved Northern APC Christians Endorse Peter Obi, Give Reasons
3) Governor Chukwuma Soludo and former Governor Peter Obi met yesterday at St. Patrick’s Catholic Cathedral in Awka for the first time since his contentious article on Mr. Peter Obi’s presidential ambitions for the Labour Party, LP, surfaced.
The celebration was a Mass of Thanksgiving for Most Rev. Paulinus Ezeokafor, the Catholic Bishop of the Awka Diocese, who turned 70 years old.
4) In Port Harcourt, Rivers State, gunmen yesterday attacked a convoy, killing four police officers, kidnapping a man, and stealing an undisclosed sum of money.
Around 3 o’clock, the criminals reportedly opened fire at passing cars from top of the recently built Rumuokoro Flyover in the state’s Obio/Akpor Local Government Area.
More on Nigerian Newspapers
5) On Thursday, a Federal High Court in Lagos halted the Federal Government’s plans to launch the proposed national airline, Nigeria Air. The Federal Government and domestic airlines were reordered by Justice Ambrose Lewis-Allagoa to maintain the status quo in their lawsuit pertaining to the creation of the airline.
6) Olusegun Obasanjo, a former president, challenged Nigerian youths on Thursday to take part in initiatives that would alter the perception of Africa. According to Obasanjo, such involvement would also ensure a better future for the younger generation because it would prevent those who are ruining their future from succeeding.
Nigerian Newspapers:Atiku Abubakar Attacks Tinubu Over Rejection of BVAS, IReV
7) The Labour Party (LP), Ogun State Chapter, yesterday demanded the party’s Presidential Campaign Council be immediately dissolved due to alleged dominance by party leaders of Southern descent. The party also adopted a resolution of disapproval for Julius Abure, the LP National Chairman.
8) 13 years after it was abolished, the Federal Government of Nigeria announced yesterday that history would once again be taught as a separate subject in the country’s primary education system. Additionally, 3,700 teachers have been chosen for the first round of training for improved subject teaching.
Final points on Nigerian Newspapers
9) A 10-year-old Togolese girl was killed by armed robbers in Ota, in the Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State, for witnessing their operation. Around 7 am on Thursday, when the incident took place, a friend of the victim’s mother reportedly sent her to her home on Kilani Street in the Iyana Iyesi neighbourhood of Ota to get charcoal.
10) Ademola Adeleke, the incoming governor of the state, promised yesterday to fire the appointed civil servants after Osun State Governor Adegboyega Oyetola appointed 30 new permanent secretaries on Thursday.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers