A Very good morning y’all and welcome to curated top Headlines on Nigerian Newspapers today November 30, 2022.
What Nigerian Newspapers are Saying?
1) The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) of Abuja was in a tizzy yesterday after police used tear gas to disperse hundreds of protesters calling for the resignation of Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Tajudeen Ariwoola over an alleged partisan remark he made recently in Rivers State.
2) Nyesom Wike, the governor of Rivers State, has said that a decision on which presidential candidate the State will support in the general election of 2023 will be made soon. He stated that the electorate of Rivers, who had benefited from good governance under his watch and were already eager to repay the favour, would be informed of which presidential candidate to support when the decision was made.
Nigerian Newspapers: Happy New Month of December Wishes, prayer, Messages and Quotes for 2022
3) Usman Alkali Baba, the Inspector-General of Police, was given a three-month prison term by an Abuja-based Federal High Court for disobeying a legitimate court order. The court held that the IGP should be committed to prison and held in custody for three months or until he complies with an order it issued on October 21, 2011, according to a ruling by Justice M. O. Olajuwon on Tuesday. Read More
4) On Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari claimed that weapons from the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine were now making their way into the Lake Chad Basin. The Lake Chad region, which spans Cameroon, Chad, Niger, and Nigeria, is an economically and socially integrated region of West and Central Africa.
More on Nigerian Newspapers
5) The creation of various review panels by Governor Ademola Adeleke has been criticised by the Osun All Progressives Congress (APC) as being a last-minute decision with predetermined results. In order to avoid the mistakes he is making, the party also urged the governor to sit down and carefully read the handover notes.
6) In Umuaram, Ikem, in the Isi-Uzo Local Government Area of Enugu State, a 23-year-old native doctor named Emmanuel Odo is accused of killing his client Benedict Onunze while testing a gunshot-protection charm he had made for him. The native doctor who killed his client, according to Daniel Ndukwe, a spokesman for the Enugu State Police Command, has admitted to the crime and been taken into custody.
Nigerian Newspapers: BREAKING: Popular Nigerian Singer, Songwriter Reportedly Shot Dead in Anambra (Photo)
7) The Independent National Electoral Commission’s (INEC) Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, claims that the 2023 elections will not be affected by nationwide arson attacks on the commission’s facilities. He spoke on Tuesday in Abeokuta, the capital of Ogun State, while evaluating the INEC office that had been set on fire by thugs.
8) Top business leaders, top commercial banks, and other wealthy Nigerians who are the owners of foreign-registered private jets have sued the Federal Government to stop it from putting their planes on the ground because they allegedly refused to pay import duty on the aircraft..
Final points on Nigerian Newspapers
9) Aminu Adamu, a student at the Federal University in Dutse, Jigawa State, who was allegedly detained by security personnel for allegedly criticising the president’s wife on Twitter, has not been seen.
Adamu was reportedly arrested as a result of a tweet he posted about Mrs. Aisha Buhari.
10) In the Idemili South Local Government Area of Anambra State, indigenous people and residents of the Ogwugwu/Umueze in Oba communities have accused the construction firm Bukham Nigeria Limited of enlisting thugs and security personnel to use bulldozers to destroy 70 buildings and structures on farmlands in the community.
Residents who were upset by the situation organised a protest and urged the state governor, Chukwuma Soludo, to get involved.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Nigerian Newspapers