PTI Final Year Student Electrocuted While Installing Solar Panels

Picture of an electrocuted man on a pole
Picture of an electrocuted man on a pole for illustration

In a heart-wrenching incident, a final year student of the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) in Effurun, Delta State, lost his life in a tragic electrocution accident while engaged in the installation of solar panels on a one-storey building.

This unfortunate event unfolded on Thursday, October 19, 2023, in a business district near a commercial bank at the Warri Garage Area, sending shockwaves throughout the local community.

Read Also Fulham vs Man United: Red Clinches Victory Over Fulham as Rashford Misses Out


Eyewitnesses recounted that the young student had been using an aluminium ladder to reach the position where he intended to install the solar panels. Tragically, the ladder became magnetized due to its proximity to high-tension wires that connected to a neighboring commercial bank.

Read Also Court of Appeal Upholds APC Senator, Sharafadeen Alli’s Victory

As a result, the student suffered a severe electric shock in the midst of his task, according to witnesses who were present at the scene.


In an act of heroism, a passerby swiftly responded to the alarming situation. Using a long dry plank, the Good Samaritan managed to detach the aluminium ladder from the vibrating high-tension wires, freeing the unconscious young man who was clinging to it.

Read Also Sales Executive at United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment Portal

The final-year PTI student, who had been diligently working on his final project at the time of the incident, was immediately rushed to a nearby private clinic for urgent medical attention. Despite the efforts of medical professionals, tragically, he succumbed to his injuries shortly after arriving at the clinic.

The grieving family of the young student, who resided with his parents in the nearby Bowen Avenue area, laid their beloved son to rest in his country home in one of the South-East states on Saturday, October 28, 2023.

The incident serves as a poignant reminder of the potential dangers associated with electrical work and the importance of taking all necessary precautions when working with electricity. The loss of a promising young life in such a tragic manner is a sobering moment for the entire community.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here