The tragic news of her demise surfaced on Monday, December 11, triggering an outpouring of grief and tributes from those who knew and admired her.
5 key facts about Aisha Bello NTA Broadcaster
- Retirement and Years of Service: Aisha concluded an illustrious 35-year career when she retired in May 2022. Her significant contributions to the broadcasting industry marked a remarkable tenure.
- Skill Set and Expertise: Aisha possessed a versatile skill set that spanned journalism, television production, broadcasting, and editing. Notably, she served as the General Manager of NTA Parliament. Her professionalism and distinctive style established her as one of NTA’s most esteemed voices, leaving an indelible mark on the broadcast industry.
- Impact in Media: Aisha Bello’s legacy in Nigerian media is profound. Starting her journey at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA). She rose through the ranks to become the Assistant Director of News. She later assumed the role of General Manager of NTA Parliament. Additionally, she featured prominently as one of the well-known broadcasters on NTA Network News during the ’90s and early 2000s.
- Educational Background: Aisha Bello Mustapha earned a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication and Media Studies from Ahmadu Bello University.
- Funeral Arrangements: According to a reliable source within NTA, the funeral prayer for Aisha Bello is scheduled for Monday at 1 pm in the National Mosque in Abuja.
Aisha’s untimely departure has left a void in the Nigerian broadcasting community, and her significant contributions will be remembered as part of her enduring legacy. As the nation mourns, tributes continue to pour in for this iconic figure in Nigerian media.