Court dismisses suit against Rivers PDP Governorship candidate
A lawsuit that aimed to prevent the People’s Democratic Party’s governorship candidate, Siminalaye Fubara, from running in the 2023 elections was thrown out by the Federal High Court in Port Harcourt.
Chief Morgan West, an aspirant for the PDP, had raised objections to Fubara’s candidacy, claiming, among other things, that Fubara was not a member of the party and did not possess a valid PDP membership card.
- BREAKING: Massive Protest Rocks Abia Over Kanu’s Continued Detention (Photo)
- PDP Crisis Takes New Turn as Wike Revokes Atiku’s Ally’s Plot Of Land in Rivers State
- Youths Destroy Popular Nigerian Monarch’s Palace For Converting to Christianity (Photo)
- Otedola: Why my father paid €3m to rent super yacht for birthday – DJ Cuppy
- Funke Akindele: Tinubu warns his Supporters in Lagos to Ignore the Actress
However, in his ruling on Friday, the presiding judge, Justice Adamu T. Mohammed, dismissed the claim that the plaintiff had filed against the defendant on the grounds that the defendant lacked both competence and jurisdiction.
Thanks for using our platform to learn about the latest Naija News on Court dismisses suit against Rivers PDP gov candidate