Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all.
Very good morning to you and welcome to our curated top Naija headline News today from Nigerian Newspapers today April 12th, 2023.
What are the Nigerian newspapers’ headlines for today?
1) A coalition of Arewa Elders has cautioned political actors, including the Labour Party’s (LP) presidential candidate Peter Obi, against making “unguarded post-election political statements.” The elders believed that such statements could spark a repeat of the 1966 coup that resulted in the deaths of regional leaders.
2) As part of its ongoing investigation, the ad-hoc committee of the House of Representatives has summoned the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha, and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami, to appear before it.
3) The governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, claims that nothing on earth can prevent President-elect Bola Tinubu from succeeding President Muhammadu Buhari. Umahi stated that Tinubu overcame a number of obstacles on his way to victory when the governor-elect of Ebonyi, Rt. Hon. Francis Nwifuru, visited him on Tuesday.
4) The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, stated that Labour Party’s Presidential Candidate, Peter Obi, has more questions to answer regarding the leaked audio involving him and Living Faith Church Worldwide’s founder, Bishop David Oyedepo. Obi later stated that the audio was fabricated. Read More
5) The traditional ruler of Oghara in the Kabba Bunu Local Government Area of the state of Kogi has been kidnapped. During the attack, a domestic worker identified as Toyin Onare was fatally shot, according to reports. Read More
6) INEC has requested that the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal in Abuja dismiss all petitions challenging the declaration of Bola Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress as the winner of the presidential election held on February 25.
7) The governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has suspended the operations of livestock guards and the state paramilitary agency responsible for enforcing the state’s open grazing for a period of two weeks in order to allow all herdsmen with livestock in the state to leave.
8) The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has scheduled supplementary elections for Port Harcourt II and Khana/Gokana federal constituencies for April 15, 2023. Dr. Johnson Sinikiem, the State INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner, disclosed this in a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Tuesday.
9) The All Progressives Congress, APC, may zone the positions of Senate President and Deputy Senate President to the South-South and North-West geo-political zones, respectively, barring a last-minute change. Despite the fact that the party has yet to announce its official position on the zoning of 10th National Assembly leadership positions, multiple sources indicate that the South-South zone may receive the Senate President position.
10) The governorship candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and the Labour Party, LP, have filed a petition against the All Progressive Congress, APC, and the newly-elected governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. Abdul-Azeez Adediran known as Jandor, candidate for the People’s Democratic Party, and Gbadebo Rhodes-Vigour, candidate for the labour Party, separately asked the tribunal to invalidate Sanwo-Olu’s return and declare them the winner of the election.
Breaking news in Nigeria today :Comedian, Oga Sabinus in Trouble as Victims Petition him to EFCC, here is why
Nigerian Newspapers: Popular Anambra cleric, Prophet Odumeje allegedly challenges Soyinka to debate
Nigerian Newspapers –Newsonline Nigeria