In the world of Nigerian politics, controversies often abound, but few have captured the public’s attention quite like the Bola Tinubu vs. Atiku Abubakar saga at Chicago State University. This intriguing chapter in the political landscape has given rise to numerous questions, debates, and even legal battles. In this blog post, we will delve into all the essential details surrounding this contentious issue, shedding light on the key facts and developments that have kept Nigerians talking. So, fasten your seatbelts and get ready to unravel the story of Bola Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar’s academic journey at Chicago State University.
1. When Bola Tinubu filled out the INEC form, he signed an oath that all the information he submitted was true. By that signature, his opponents are entitled to verify his academic records. That’s why INEC publishes candidate details for us to verify if they are true or false.
2. Tinubu is now a public figure, and there is nothing wrong with displaying his school records.
3. It has been confirmed that the individual who graduated from Chicago State University with the name Tinubu is a female, according to the academic transcript issued to Atiku by Chicago State University.
4. Tinubu once claimed in his INEC form that he attended St. Paul Aroloya Primary School in Lagos and Government College, Obadan, during the 1999 Lagos Governorship Election. After it was confirmed by a late investigative journalist that Tinubu didn’t attend those schools, in 2022, he decided not to include his primary and secondary education in the INEC form for the 2023 election.
5. Atiku Abubakar wants to know the secondary school Tinubu used to gain admission to Chicago State University.
6. The Chicago State University stated in court that they cannot authenticate under oath the certificate Tinubu submitted to INEC, which implies the certificate is either forged or not from the school.
7. A US district court has issued an order to Chicago State University to immediately release all the details of Atiku Abubakar’s case.
8. Tinubu hired five lawyers to appeal the court decision in the case that releasing his academic records will cause irreparable damage or harm to him.
9. On November 15, 2022, in an interview with TheNews Magazine, Tinubu claimed he had a salary deposit of about $1.8 million as an accountant with Deloitte. However, a subpoena to Deloitte, Deloitte Consulting LLP, confirmed that Tinubu was never their staff.
10. Tinubu also claimed that he attended Richard J. Daley College in Chicago, but a subpoena to the school also confirmed that he didn’t attend the school.
11. When Tinubu’s supporters discovered that all the information regarding Tinubu’s primary school, secondary school, Richard J. Daley College, and his employment with Deloitte Consulting LLP in Tinubu’s Wikipedia was false, they decided to edit Tinubu’s Wikipedia biography. Due to the massive changes in details regarding Tinubu’s biodata, Wikipedia decided to lock Tinubu’s profile from external editing.
12. You can visit Tinubu’s Wikipedia Profile to verify all this information.